Pan Emirates Improves Just-in-Time Availability of Home Furnishings With Infor
Infor ERP and Supply Chain Management Applications Deployed to Improve on Timely Deliveries, Inventory Management and Reduce Costs
April 23, 2012 --
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 04/23/12 -- Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced Pan Emirates, a leader in home furnishings and the design industry in the Middle East, is deploying Infor10 ERP Enterprise (LN), Infor10 Supply Chain Execution and Infor10 ION Suite to optimize order management, customer relationship management, procurement, and inventory management across Pan Emirates' multiple retail and distribution operations in the UAE, Qatar and Oman. Pan Emirates is working with a collaboration of specialist Infor partners, ITWARE, Merino Consulting Services and SPAN, to help ensure a successful deployment.
- Infor ERP and SCE applications are being deployed in the same phase and are anticipated to go live by mid-2012 for 70 ERP and 30 SCE users.
- The Infor solution is designed to provide improvements in inventory management and optimization of deliveries from Pan Emirates' central warehouse in Dubai Techno Park to customers; an improved Customer Relationship Management database, and a reduction of slow moving inventory. This in turn is expected to reduce the amount of manual paperwork across all 10 sites of the organization.
- The integrated applications will help facilitate diligent procurement planning for Pan Emirates, allow for just-in-time availability and supplier grading, and enable faster inventory turnover, more accurate picking and faster replenishment of showroom stock.
- Further supply chain efficiencies are expected to result from a reduction of inventory carrying costs, lot control, automated receipts, and a reduced time cycle for monthly and annual accounts, and complete traceability of stock and labor.
- Pan Emirates will also be deploying a tablet-based CRM application to provide sales staff and store managers on the shop floor with an advanced mobile technology platform which will be integrated with ERP Enterprise for managers working out in the showrooms. Checking availability and reserving products for customers and then issuing works orders from tablets improves the performance and speed of information within Pan Emirates supply chain network.
- Pan Emirates has purchased Infor 10 ION Suite, through Infor channel partner ITWARE LLC, to optimize its management information. The open, lightweight middleware platform raises the bar for speed, interoperability and business process management across Infor and non-Infor applications. Pan Emirates plans to use ION's event management capabilities within ION to send alerts to the smart phones to aid decision making on the move.
Pan Emirates Quote
"Our customers count on us for availability of the latest designs and on-time deliveries of furnishings, which we take very seriously," said Mr. Eyas Khashan, Director Information Technology Resources, Pan Emirates. "With our increasing sales growth and aggressive expansion plans in the region, we need state-of-the-art solutions for planning and supply chain management, to save on time and unnecessary costs. Infor, with its specialist channel partners for ERP and supply chain proved to be our number one choice."
"Planning and inventory control is essential to the logistics of home furnishing stores, so we are working with a collaboration of some of our best sales and service partners in the region to provide Pan Emirates with modern applications that are designed to have real time connectivity, without the need for customizations for ultimate ease of use," said Mike Hibbert, channel manager for MEA, Infor. "It is always exciting to work with companies like Pan Emirates who strive to gain competitive advantage through deploying the latest innovative technologies. Their desire to provide mobile applications to access supply chain data on the move is a great example to behold."
"We have been a long term partner with Pan Emirates working with them on various IT related upgrades as well as preparing for this project," said N. Ramkumar, Director, business development and consulting, ITWARE LLC in Dubai. "We are confident that on completion of a successful implementation, together with the ION platform, Pan Emirates will be in a better position to achieve higher customer satisfaction in terms of improvement in on-time deliveries, inventory optimization and real time advanced management information to its key stakeholders."
SPAN Group Quote
"SPAN worked closely with the Pan Emirates team to identify their unique requirements and ensure the Infor SCE solution helps achieve their business goals and objectives," said Kamel El-Ghossaini, regional manager - supply chain solutions, SPAN Group. "We've been deploying Infor supply chain execution solutions in the region for over 15 years and are confident that Pan Emirates will get their return on investment much earlier than expected."
- Infor10 ERP Enterprise (LN) - http://www.infor.com/product_summary/erp/ln/
- Infor10 Supply Chain Execution - www.infor.com/solutions/scm/execution/
- Infor10 ION website http://www.infor.com/company/technology/ion/
- Pan Emirates http://panemirates.com/
About Pan Emirates
Pan Emirates started its operation in 1991 in the UAE and today the multimillion dollar company has over 850 staff. It has the largest showroom in the GCC, a warehouse the size of a football field and branches across the UAE, Oman and Qatar, with a wide range of products from, modern and classic bed rooms, dining rooms, sofa sets, kid's rooms, accessories and home décor.
ITWARE is a dedicated Infor channel partner providing ERP offerings ranging from Baan IV, Baan V, Infor10 ERP Enterprise (LN), Infor 10 ERP Business (SyteLine) and Infor10 ERP Express (VISUAL) solutions to customers in the GCC Region. Visit www.itware.ae for more details.
Headquartered in Dubai, with regional offices, SPAN Supply Chain Solutions (SCS) is the leading provider of total supply chain solutions to companies operating in the Middle East. SPAN SCS is the regional partner of Infor SCM which offers a complete range of consulting and application integration services touching all aspects of the supply network, including planning, procurement, logistics, fleet management, inventory management, warehousing, and order fulfillment down to the store and end-customer levels. Visit www.span-group.com for more details.
Infor is the world's third-largest supplier of enterprise applications and services, helping more than 70,000 large and mid-size companies improve operations and drive growth across numerous industry sectors. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Copyright @ Marketwire