Women in Technology Announces Finalists for 13TH Annual Leadership Awards
April 02, 2012 --
FAIRFAX, Va. (PRWEB) April 02, 2012
Women in Technolog y (WIT), the premier organization contributing to the success of professional women in the Washington, D.C.-area technology community, today announced the finalists for the 13th Annual Leadership Awards. The awards program honors leading female professionals working in the Greater Washington, D.C. metropolitan area who have exemplified unique vision and talent in the technology industry during the previous year.
WIT will announce the winners at the Leadership Awards Banquet on May 17, 2012 at The McLean Hilton, Tysons Corner. Maureen Bunyan, television journalist and lead co-anchor for WJLA-TV ABC-7 News, will be hosting the awards ceremony.
The finalists for the 13th Annual Women in Technology Leadership Awards are:
- Mary Cotton, iDirect
- Kelly Day, Discovery Communications
- Barbara Doornink, SAIC
- Kristin Lovejoy , IBM
- Dr Homaira Akbari, SkyBitz
- Elaine Harvey, Resonate
- Sharon D Nelson, Esq, Sensei Enterprises, Inc.
- April Pederson , Salsa Labs
- Debra Lynn Shapiro, Integrated Technology Solutions, Inc.
Public Sector (Large)
- Amy E Alving, SAIC
- Isabelle T Bisceglio, PhD, SAIC
- Lisa Hook, Neustar, Inc.
- Angela Orebaugh, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Dalila Bonilla Wortman, Lockheed Martin Information Systems & Global Services
- Susan Zeleniak, Verizon
Public Sector (Small)
- Christine Do, Soft Tech Consulting, Inc.
- Lisa Jones, Creative Computing Solutions, Inc. (CSSI)
- Angie Leinert, IntelliGenesis, LLC
- Nina Preuss, TCG
- Kathy Albarado, Helios, HR
- Dawn Halfaker , Halfaker & Associates, LLC
- Louisa Jaffe, TAPE, LLC
- Lindsey Mask, Global Vision Communications
- Rosemary McDowell, Rosemary McDowell International
- Prathiba Ramadoss , Business Integra
- Doreen Cox, US Customs and Border Patrol
- Wanda Gibson , Fairfax County Government
- Janice M Hamby, DOD, Office of the CIO
- Sue Handy, Federal Aviation Administration
- Dr Rosemarie Wesson, PE, National Science Foundation
- Kelli Campbell, Discovery Education
- Elizabeth Hoover, Alexandria City Public Schools
- Lisa Bethel, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Valerie Callaway, US Coast Guard - TISCOM
- Toni Corbett, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Laura Downey, TSA OIT/OSI
- Kathy Furlong, Wyle
- Katie Jereza, Energetics Incorporated
- Judy Arbuckle, Orbis Technologies
- Liz Cho, Cvent
- Sharnikya F Howard, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Anna Jones, AT&T
- Erica Salinas, CSC
- Denise Hart, O2 Lab, Inc.
- Kelly Moore, AT&T
- Mary Wessendorf, CSC
- Sharon Gaheen, SAIC
- Laura Wright, CSC
- Diane Weaver, High Performance Technologies, a DRC(r) Company
This year, we received many excellent submissions from women all around the Washington, D.C. area, said Kelly Harman, President, WIT. It was difficult to choose just a few outstanding women, but these finalists demonstrate what we define as a leader knowledgeable, active participant in their business and community, and a respected mentor. Congratulations to all of the finalists.
During the banquet, WIT will distribute scholarships to high school students provided by Girls in Technology, a committee that offers programs that encourage girls to develop and pursue interests in science and technology. In addition, WIT will also honor the first class of the Leadership Foundry, a program created to provide women with training and networking to serve on corporate boards in the Washington D.C. area.
For more information about sponsorship packages and to purchase tables or individual tickets, please visit http://www.womenintechnology.org/content.asp?contentid=155 or contact the WIT Business Office at staff(at)womenintechnology(dot)org or 703-766-1153.
About Women in Technology
Women in Technology (WIT) is a not-for-profit organization with the mission of advancing women in technologyfrom the classroom to the boardroomby providing advocacy, leadership development, networking, mentoring and technology education. With nearly 1000 members in the Washington, D.C.-area, WIT strives to meet its vision of being the premier organization empowering women to be architects of change in the technology industry. For more information, please visit, http://www.womenintechnology.org or connect with us via: Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter (@WITWomen).
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/4/prweb9357796.htm.