TORONTO, ONTARIO / ACCESSWIRE / September 16, 2020 / *Media Advisory*
Representing Canada’s hardest hit sectors (including tourism, arts, culture, events, and hospitality), a new coalition has formed to call on the government to provide additional supports for their employees.
The Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS) program has been a critical lifeline for these industries and the more than two million Canadians they employ. The planned phase-out of CEWS beginning in September aligns with a seasonal drop in revenues for these sectors.
The Coalition of Hardest Hit Businesses will be launching their new campaign to mobilize the public and call on the government to extend support programs and protect jobs.
Coalition of Hardest Hit Businesses, represented by:
· Charlotte Bell, President and CEO, Tourism Industry Association of Canada
· Susie Grynol, President and CEO, Hotel Association of Canada
· Keith Henry, President and CEO, Indigenous Tourism Association of Canada
· Martin Roy, Executive Director, Festivals and Major Events Canada
Fairmont Chateau Laurier
1 Rideau Street
Ottawa, ON K1N 8S7
Virtual Press Conference Via Zoom
1. Thursday, September 17th, 2020
In-person event (OUTDOORS): 10:00 a.m. EST
2. Virtual Press Conference via Zoom: 10:45am (media are required to pre-register for the virtual press conference here: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_bnTMM56vTD-_hFP8NHiz9A)
For more information on the Coalition of Hardest Hit Businesses visit www.HardestHit.ca.
For more information or to schedule an interview contact:
Alla Drigola, Impact Public Affairs
firstname.lastname@example.org | (778)-834-5517
SOURCE: Coalition of Hardest Hit Businesses
View source version on accesswire.com: