WALTHAM, Mass.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–#CDsupport—Wolters Kluwer, Health, a leading global provider of information and point of care solutions for the healthcare industry, has entered into a multi-year agreement with the American Society of Clinical Oncology, Inc. (ASCO®), the world’s leading organization of its kind representing nearly 45,000 oncology professionals who care for people with cancer. Under this agreement, beginning in January 2021, Wolters Kluwer will publish ASCO’s portfolio of five medical specialty journals, including its flagship publication the Journal of Clinical Oncology (JCO), one of the most highly cited oncology journals in the world.
Wolters Kluwer will focus on expanding ASCO’s journal readership globally through access and distribution on the Ovid® medical research platform, among other channels, as well as the potential to reach members and practitioners through new digital channels.
“This new collaboration with Wolters Kluwer represents an exciting opportunity for ASCO’s family of journals as we look to the future of publishing,” said Clifford A. Hudis, MD, FACP, FASCO, Chief Executive Officer of ASCO. “We are very pleased to now have Wolters Kluwer’s global position, expertise in medical specialty publishing, and digital solutions behind our journal portfolio. Ultimately, we believe this will help expand the reach of our content and help as many practitioners and cancer patients worldwide as possible.”
“We are honored to be selected by the American Society of Clinical Oncology as their journal publisher to grow and expand the reach of this prestigious portfolio of oncology research and practice publications,” said Greg Samios, President and CEO, Wolters Kluwer, Health Learning, Research & Practice. “As a leader in its field, ASCO is continually innovating to keep pace with both research and practice advancements. It is our privilege to partner with ASCO’s team to evolve and deliver new digital solutions that ensure practitioners have the latest evidence-based oncology research to improve patient care and outcomes.”
ASCO’s journal publications include:
- Journal of Clinical Oncology (JCO) – Publishes the field’s foremost peer-reviewed clinical cancer research and practice-changing clinical trials and is regarded as the authoritative resource on current information on the diagnosis and treatment of patients with cancer.
- JCO Oncology Practice (JCO OP) – Provides content that keeps oncology practice current with changes and challenges inherent in providing quality oncology care, including research on oncology care delivery, practical clinical reviews, and select case reports.
- JCO Clinical Cancer Informatics (JCO CCI) – Publishes a growing body of research in clinical care informatics methods and processes as applied to cancer-related data, information and images.
- JCO Precision Oncology (JCO PO) – Publishes translational precision oncology research, reports, opinions and reviews that consider genomics and other biomarker-driven clinical care of patients with cancer.
- JCO Global Oncology (JCO GO) – Publishes research that addresses the unique cancer diagnosis and care issues in settings around the world with constrained health care resources.
To learn more about the American Society of Clinical Oncology, please visit their website, www.asco.org.
ASCO® is a registered trademark of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, Inc. Used with permission. ASCO is not a partner or affiliate of Wolters Kluwer and does not recommend or endorse any vendor, product, or service.
About Wolters Kluwer
Wolters Kluwer (WKL) is a global leader in professional information, software solutions, and services for the clinicians, nurses, accountants, lawyers, and tax, finance, audit, risk, compliance, and regulatory sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with advanced technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2019 annual revenues of €4.6 billion. The group serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries, and employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide. The company is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands.
Wolters Kluwer provides trusted clinical technology and evidence-based solutions that engage clinicians, patients, researchers and students with advanced clinical decision support, learning and research and clinical intelligence. For more information about our solutions, visit http://healthclarity.wolterskluwer.com and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @WKHealth.
Director, Corporate Communications
Health Learning, Research & Practice
+1 (646) 674-6348