Second-generation Wi-Fi 6 system will enable service providers to own the subscriber relationship and elevate their brand while protecting consumer data
SAN JOSE, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–$CALX #BLAST—Calix, Inc. (NYSE: CALX) today announced the next enhancement to the Revenue EDGE solution with the introduction of the GigaSpire® BLAST u4 and u4m. The u4 will operate as the subscriber’s primary gateway, with the flexibility to operate as a mesh satellite for another BLAST system via the BLAST Intelligent Mesh. The u4m will operate exclusively as a Wi-Fi 6 mesh satellite. These new EDGE Systems will address communications service providers’ (CSPs) desire to remain front and center with subscribers by blending consumer industrial design, the latest Wi-Fi 6 technology, and carrier class reliability.
Previously, CSPs had to rely on consumer Wi-Fi products to offer the latest technology that could be displayed proudly in the family room, but offering those products meant CSPs were ceding the home to a consumer brand. This also leaves them without the tools they need to deliver a great Wi-Fi experience.
These new BLAST systems completely shift the paradigm by delivering:
- Consumer Cool Design: The BLAST u4 and u4m feature a sleek tabletop design that will stand up well against any consumer Wi-Fi competitor and put the CSP’s brand front and center in the home.
- Practical Mesh for Everyday Living: The BLAST u4 allows for optimal placement in a room, unlike typical mesh units that are limited to the height of power outlets, hampering Wi-Fi performance by being placed too low to the ground.
- Carrier Class Ultimate Experiences: Integrating seamlessly into the unifying Revenue EDGE solution, CSPs will be able to launch the new system in only a few weeks as the support, marketing, field, and network operations teams will use the same operating procedures and insights to delight their subscribers.
- Two LAN Ports: The BLAST u4 also includes a second LAN port, which is critical for subscribers with devices that still require Ethernet connectivity and for CSPs offering IPTV services with hard-wired set top boxes.
- More Possibilities for Ultimate Experiences: The sleek form factor will allow service providers to cost effectively deliver Wi-Fi 6 to apartments, small residences or scale up through a multi-unit mesh for the subscriber who is focused on aesthetics.
“We have looked at consumer products and they have never been good enough for our subscribers,” said Gary Johnson, CEO and general manager for Minnesota-based Paul Bunyan Communications. “They want to own our subscribers’ data, put their brand first, offer no support tools. Those are compromises we are not willing to make. That is why we have been with Calix since the launch of the Revenue EDGE. Earlier GigaSpire BLAST models allowed us to be the first to offer Wi-Fi 6 in our market, and the u4 systems will allow us to offer a fantastic consumer look and feel that will look and perform great on a bookshelf or a kitchen counter. We look forward to providing them that choice while ensuring that we can manage their services, offer great solutions, and deliver on the promise of GigaZone.”
The BLAST u4 is delivered on the Revenue EDGE platform which always puts the CSP‘s brand first. Calix does not demand that our brand is used in the messaging, and the CSP maintains ownership of subscriber data.
“The GigaSpire BLAST u4 and u4m will be an absolute game changer for our customers who want to offer their subscribers cool consumer looking Wi-Fi 6 systems without sacrificing performance or their ability to manage the system, all while protecting their ability to add new revenue generating services in the future,” said Shane Eleniak, senior vice president of Revenue EDGE products for Calix. “When you couple this announcement with Calix’s investments in Customer Success and our unique EDGE Enablement program, there is no better time to partner with Calix and win the hearts and minds of the subscriber with the ultimate experience.”
Visit us online for more information on the Revenue EDGE solution and new EDGE Systems from Calix. Click here to register for our upcoming webinar, “Helping you deliver on your commitment: Improving the Home Broadband Experience Together.”
Calix, Inc. (NYSE: CALX) – Innovative communications service providers rely on Calix platforms to help them master and monetize the complex infrastructure between their subscribers and the cloud. Calix is the leading global provider of the cloud and software platforms, systems, and services required to deliver the unified access network and smart premises of tomorrow. Our platforms and services help our customers build next generation networks by embracing a DevOps operating model, optimize the subscriber experience by leveraging big data analytics and turn the complexity of the smart, connected home and business into new revenue streams.
This press release may contain forward-looking statements that are based upon management’s current expectations and are inherently uncertain. Forward-looking statements are based upon information available to us as of the date of this release, and we assume no obligation to revise or update any such forward-looking statement to reflect any event or circumstance after the date of this release, except as required by law. Actual results and the timing of events could differ materially from current expectations based on risks and uncertainties affecting Calix’s business. The reader is cautioned not to rely on the forward-looking statements contained in this press release. Additional information on potential factors that could affect Calix’s results and other risks and uncertainties are detailed in its quarterly reports on Form 10-Q and Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the SEC and available at www.sec.gov.