Report developed from near real-time data from millions of consumer financial transactions
PORTLAND, Ore.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Facteus (formerly ARM Insight), the leading provider of actionable insights from financial data, launched today the Facteus Insight Report on Consumer Spending and Transactions (FIRST). The report provides a critical lens into consumer behaviors and economic trends derived from financial transaction data covering more than 1,600 companies and 430 publicly traded stock tickers.
The Facteus Insight Report on Consumer Spending and Transactions (FIRST) is based on millions of regulatory-compliant consumer transactions that are sourced directly from financial institutions, fintechs, and payments companies. Business and investment analysts using Facteus data gain a granular understanding of consumer behavior trends at the industry level (retail, entertainment, hospitality, etc.), or at the specific company level. This insight is increasingly valuable as the economic landscape shifts with the evolving conditions created by the COVID-19 global pandemic. The initial report may be found at http://first.facteus.com.
“The world we now live in is changing rapidly, and it will be difficult to understand the impact on our communities and the economy for some time, as official statistics and survey reports are typically published with a multiple week lag time,” said Randy Koch, CEO of Facteus (formerly ARM Insight). “Our business is focused on understanding the world through the lens of financial transaction data and our data is updated daily, which allows us to provide business leaders and analysts near real-time visibility into what is going on in the economy. We understand the economic landscape is very fluid right now and we will be regularly sharing more insights in the coming weeks as it relates to the impacts on consumer spending. Our intent is to help businesses, governments, and economists have a current, accurate view of the COVID-19 data, so that they can make informed and timely decisions.”
FIRST will be updated weekly with metrics and data points as a resource for those seeking to make strategic decisions throughout the course of the COVID-19 epidemic and to track the economic rebound once the curve of infection is reduced.
Highlights from FIRST that quantitatively measure the effects of the changes in consumer behavior over the past few weeks include:
- During the week of March 9, 2020, consumer spending at supermarkets surged 43 percent year-over-year, before decelerating to 29 percent the week of March 16, 2020
- Consumer spending at Drug Stores and Pharmacies was up 22 percent year-over-year for the week of March 9, and 15 percent the week of March 16, well above trend for the year
- Liquor, Beer and Wine Stores sold 20 percent more in the week of March 9, 2020 than the preceding year and surged 60 percent in the week of March 16
- Customers of Wholesale Clubs increased spending 26 percent year-over-year the week of March 2, and 54 percent the following week, but decelerated their purchases sharply in the week of March 16, with spending growing 20 percent.
- Spending at Discount Stores and Dollar Store transactions grew 30 percent and 47 percent, respectively, but decelerated their purchases sharply in the week of March 16 with spending growing 20 percent.
- Spending at Movie Theaters was down over 90 percent year over year in the week of March 16 and spending at Amusement Parks fell over 80 percent in the same period.
These data points, and others tracking consumer spending in several additional industries and at specific companies, like Alaska Airlines, United Airlines and Holiday Inn, can be viewed by accessing the Facteus Insight Report on Consumer Spending and Transactions (FIRST) by visiting http://first.facteus.com.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Facteus works with more than 1,000 financial institutions and payments companies. Employing a team of data scientists and financial services industry veterans, Facteus has made it its mission to help organizations unlock the value of their data and develop “fact-based insights,” without compromising security, privacy or data regulations.
To learn more about Facteus, please visit us at Facteus.com. Once the new brand is launched all web traffic from arminsight.com will redirect to Facteus.com and the company will cease use of the ARM Insight name. Registration for Enlightmint, the company’s tool for investment and portfolio analysis fueled by millions of consumer transactions across more than 1,600 companies and 430 tickers can be found at https://enlightmint.arminsight.com.
Facteus is a provider of payments-based business intelligence (BI) solutions for processors, investment companies, financial institutions, and retail corporations. Facteus is a leader in transaction-based analytics, programs and data solutions, transforming the billions of raw transaction data from legacy technologies into actionable information, which enables companies to make intelligent business decisions and automate manual operational tasks. Founded in 2010, Facteus’ team of data scientists and payments industry veterans provide source data from billions of payment transactions to deliver timely, rich insights that can be used for machine learning, artificial intelligence, data monetization and other strategic use cases. To learn more, visit www.facteus.com.