CHICAGO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The Economist Events will host the 2019 Economist Innovation Summit on
March 7, 2019 at the Convene venue in Chicago. The 2019 Innovation
Summit will bring together industry leaders, policymakers, academics and
entrepreneurs to discuss and debate the potential of exponential
technologies that promise to play a key role in the digital future.
Exponential technologies, including artificial intelligence, blockchain
and quantum computing, are disrupting the business landscape and
changing the way companies plan for future growth and transformation. At
this year’s summit, speakers and panelists will discuss how every
company can leverage exponential technologies to shape progress, even
during a time when some question whether investments in such new
technologies make financial sense.
“In today’s uncertain economic and political environment, business
leaders understandably want to focus on sure bets and short-term
results. However, to ensure the long-term success of their enterprises,
they must explore the transformative potential of exponential
technologies now on offer,” said Vijay Vaitheeswaran, U.S. Business
Editor, The Economist. “At this year’s Innovation Summit, we
will examine the promise and peril involved in this brave new world of
Confirmed speakers to date include:
Chad Anderson, Chief executive, Space Angels and managing partner,
Dan Altman, Founder, North Yard Analytics, and co-founder, NYK Capital
David Awschalom, Director of the Chicago Quantum Exchange, University
of Chicago and Argonne National Laboratory
- Hansang Bae, Chief technology officer, Riverbed Technology
- Alexandra Suich Bass, US technology editor, The Economist
Pearly Chen, VR/AR investor and chief of staff to the chief executive,
- Jim Clarke, Director of quantum hardware, Intel
Renee DiResta, Director of research, New Knowledge, and head of
policy, Data for Democracy
- Nicole Eagan, Chief executive, Darktrace
- Becky Frankiewicz, President, ManpowerGroup North America
- Tracy Frey, Director of strategy, Google Cloud AI
- Alex Gladstein, Chief strategy officer, Human Rights Foundation
- Sean Gourley, Founder and chief executive, Primer AI
- Manik Gupta, Chief product officer, Uber
Daniel Kraft, Founder and chair, Exponential Medicine, and chair for
medicine & neuroscience, Singularity University
- Lonne Jaffe, Managing director, Insight Venture Partners
Danny Lange, Vice-president of AI and machine learning, Unity
- Gwen Lighter, Chief executive and founder, GoFly
- Bob Lord, Senior vice-president, cognitive applications, IBM
- Jeffrey Manber, Chief executive, NanoRacks
Mark Potter, Chief technology officer, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, and
director, Hewlett Packard Labs
Gary Shapiro, President and chief executive, Consumer Technology
- Hans Tung, Managing partner, GGV Capital
- Vijay Vaitheeswaran, US business editor, The Economist
- Grazia Vittadini, Chief technology officer, Airbus
- Dan Wagner, Founder and chief executive, Civis Analytics
For more information on the conference and to register, please visit https://events.economist.com/events-conferences/americas/innovation.
Join us on Twitter at #EconInnov and @EconomistEvents.
Sponsorship and Media Information
Riverbed is the event’s gold sponsor. Supporting associations include
Centric, Illinois Technology Association and Argonne National Library.
The event’s PR agency is Zeno Group.
Interviews and media passes are available upon request. To request press
accreditation, interviews or ensure receipt of news releases and
advisories, please contact: Sarah Erman, firstname.lastname@example.org,
+1 (650) 284-9139.
About The Economist (www.economist.com)
With a growing global circulation and a reputation for insightful
analysis and perspective on every aspect of world events, The Economist
is one of the most widely recognized and well-read current affairs
publications. The paper covers politics, business, science and
technology, and books and arts, concluding each week with the obituary.
The Economist Events brings the publication to life. As the leader of
debate in the pursuit of progress, Economist Events tackles leading
issues with an insightful, forward-looking and distinctly global
perspective. It provides the necessary tools for business leaders,
senior executives and policy makers to make informed decisions and to
stay ahead of the game in a rapidly changing world.
For The Economist Events